Thank God it's Friday because I took a vacation day today. Cat's are fed and medicated. Pyrite's been taking a Methyl B with her baby food, the same vitamin that regenerated Spook's lower spinal nerves to let him walk normally again. I wonder if Pyrite might have some vestige of sight for light and shadow. She does not respond to a laser spot light but she does reach out for the bed post or dresser when I carry her past it. However, the clever cat may be detecting something in my motion that cues her in that we are approaching a nearby object.
Today I am installing hard-wired smoke detectors that I bought four months ago. The hardest part is placing them in areas that Dix will allow aesthetically that will also be functional. The living room and dining room are off-limits, as well as 95% of the bedroom and kitchen.
Oiled the storm door latch and tightened up the kitchen door hinge. We keep the kitchen door closed now to keep Pyrite away from the stairs and railings when she could get in trouble falling off the landing. That isolates the steam-heated portion of the house from the unheated upstairs and downstairs. I'm interested in seeing the next gas bill.
In addition to the birds and deer enjoying the birdseed, we have a few mice that also attend the banquet. I caught Mickey in a live mousetrap cube and released him in a field near the office. Dix caught Minnie and released her at Sedar Park. To release you simply turn the plastic tube over and the trap door falls open, theoretically. Between Dix and the confused Minnie, they struggled and stuttered and panicked and screamed before she was off into her new surrounds. Mighty is next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment