Monday, February 15, 2010
Spook Uses Up Another Life
The day started badly - three pees in the box and three pees on the plastic, and drinking water like crazy. We decided his problem was not behavioral but medical - his kidneys were shutting down. We decided to euthanize. His eyes were rheumy and coat was matty. I gave him more than the prescribed insulin to counteract his insatiable thirst. He got all lovey dovey bumping against our shins and we cried and cried, surprising ourselves. I took him for a ride up on the back side of Casper Mountain. I saw what looked like a flick of his tail in the rear view mirror and thought I was imagining things. Next thing he jumps into the front seat and onto my lap to watch out the driver's window. Apparently the bumpy road jarred his pet cage open. I took him for a little walk figuring he had to relieve himself -he didn't, but I did, urgently from the beer I had back home. He started meowing and I said we need a second opinion from a professional. Called Dix and she said his food and water will be waiting for him. He rode on top his carrier on the way home soaking up the sun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment