The stars were aligned against my annual trip to the Denver Mid-Winter Bluegrass Festival. Management in Paris called a telephone conference for Friday and that delayed any departure. The snow made the prospect of a 5-hour drive very unattractive. I lifted a few too many boxes at the office and my back is protesting. The fried green beans I had at lunch with the boys on Friday gave me the rumbles. Now on Saturday Dix cooked a nice waffle breakfast and I have lost all desire to go.
Spook has not needed insulin shots (he's drinking less than 16 oz. water/day) since I gave him shock therapy (borderline overdosed him) a week ago. He has entered into diabetic remission a couple times before but never from this method.
Shoveling snow listening to recorded XM bluegrass. I was disappointed to have "access denied" when attempting to download the songs to our computer, but otherwise I'm still delighted with the portable pocket-sized unit. I have to avoid keeping time walking to songs - it can wear you out.
Went to my audiologist to see if I could spend some of my excess FLEX medical account money before it is forfeited March 15. Got new ear molds fitted and he tweaked my programs to minimize the feedback I have been getting. He said he would not charge me because my hearing aids are still under warranty, even though he knew I was trying to spend money. On the other hand our dentist is more than "helpful" by proposing preventive care capping two of my teeth for $2200 which I won't do; a diagnostically speculative cat scan for Ida at $400 which she won't do, and capping one of her teeth which we might do when we get an estimate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment