To bed at 7, rising at 3:30. Fed Spook. Vacuumed his room and washed his sheet - he is shedding. Cut a side door into his potty box to make it more easily accessible for urgencies. Not that it's time but just for the eventuality, I researched home euthanasia for pets. Internet forums were not much help since most just shamed how demented one must be to consider it. The Humane Society was actually more understanding and clinical. They did enumerate the methods they disapprove, including using carbon dioxide (that was promoted by one forum apparently unaware CO-2 would cause a sensation of suffocation). No shooting, drowning, beheading, or running over. When necessary I'll probably go the vet route. Or maybe not.
Pyrite jumped up into our bed using her step for the first time since losing her sight. She is also becoming adept at evading me. She seems to know when I am after her, for no good reason in her opinion. Makes me feel pretty inadequate when I can't catch a blind cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment