Friday, February 26, 2010

Fizzled on Friday

I took the afternoon off, partly because getting the company records organized for the sale is not a lot of fun and partly because two drafts of Guinness with Les at noon removed any remaining incentive. Les is helping his daughter and son-in-law and three grand daughters move into their new home this weekend. They have been living with them since they sold their old home three weeks ago. It's been challenging for Les with his new hearing aids. One kid shouts "Bring me a pop tart!" and his wife shouts "Just give me a minute!" and Les says "Thanks for waiting for me to put my hearing aids on."

The sun was clearing the garden of snow and I started digging Spook's grave in the strawberry patch. The frost was only a few inches deep. I wrapped Spookie in one of my T-shirts and we buried him at sundown.

No comments: