Sunday, February 4, 2007

Radar, Radar!

I have ordered wireless headphones. The thing is, since we have upgraded to digital cable, we get these music channels, and basically cannot listen to them except in the same room as the digital cable box. I bought 100 feet of speaker wire but soon realized the futility of running speaker wire to the various listening areas. Hence the need to get wireless headphones. The infra-red kind is still limited to line-of-sight to the signal broadcaster. So, I'm going with the FM radio broadcasting method which goes through walls, despite the slight degradation of sound quality (my hearing cannot really differentiate the subtle difference anyway). I ordered a pair of Sennheiser RS-130 Wireless RF Headphones with Switchable SRS Surround Mode for $115. I can hardy wait!

Now the cool part. I have been using a Buy.com Visa card for two years, and in ordering my phones from their website, I discovered I had enough "points" accumulated to apply a $110 gift credit. So, the net purchase of these snazzy phones will cost me a whole $5! I was estatic until I read this character's blog that he took a train ride to Miami for $4. What a bubble buster.

No comments: