I've decided to accept an offer to work for a competitor. It's a very difficult decision - leaving your employer of 28 years. I remember telling the guy who hired me in 1978 that this is a company I could retire from. Now it's coming true, but "retirement" will only be the technicality of having reached the age of 60. I feel I can leave without putting the old company in a lurch. The secretary can make the annual rentals. The computer guru can draw my property maps. The new boss can interface with the landowners. The accountants can govern the thermostats.
Brother Don asked me if I really want to work 12-hour days and become involved with 30-year olds. Actually, these booming uranium companies are drawing from the pool of long retired explorationists. I'll be a young whippersnapper relatively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment