Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Square One

The Beemer is back in the garage with a new bumper and headlight. And while we were at it, I had them polish out the swirls I etched on the trunk lid trying to polish out a scratch we put on it using a dirty wash rag. Oh, the joys of a brand new car.

Pyrite lives in our subconscious. I find myself looking on the bed after my morning shower where she always lay in the ruffled covers. The screen saver randomly includes her pictures along with our other loved pets and the critters who have passed through at one time or another. We heard a house creak during the night and waited for a follow up scratch in the potty box that usually followed. There is no more tail to pull as she would taunt us to do, but I can still faintly smell her fragrance in some of her lounging spots.
We took a walk at Sunrise mall and checked on the owls. Mama was gone, presumably getting supper. One baby is considerably larger than the other and I guess it must be hogging more of the food. However, when the little guy moved in close, the sibling graciously allowed its bulk to shield the little guy from the miserable sleet.

No comments: