Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Prayer Vigil
I went to the prayer vigil for our office landlord's grandson who died in a car crash. He is widely known around town with a charming English accent. 81 years old and this is a real blow but he is coping. We both have the same name so we always start out our phone calls with "Denis, this is Dennis" or vice versa. I had a flash back to younger days with my suit coat and rosary beads, but my knees gave out by the third decade and I had to sit back like the old folks. I was fairly stoic until the lone bagpipe player came in playing Amazing Grace. The brother of the mom gave a testimonial and he was heroically cheerful until he closed with goodbye. It was open casket and a pretty grim lesson for his contemporaries. I know the father too but not as close. I don't think there was a single soul who was not compelled to hug him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment