It's been a miserable week for weather - cold and damp - but a good time to stay indoors with our Pyrite for what appears to be close to her time to go. She's eating well and getting around even better but cancer is setting up shop in her little body. We noticed a growth on her face and our vet tested it and gave us the bad news. She is behaving more lovable than ever and maybe it's in response to our tending to her every comfort. She loves her grooming comb and tonight there was wild salmon for which she literally trotted to the kitchen.
Winter was hard on our driveway. The ice has unraveled the collage of patch jobs and my pickup is heaving the fragments up with every turn of the tires. I'm biting the bullet and contracting the best concrete man in town. This time the job will be done right. The neighbor landlord will be joining in the project and we'll even be laying down a new sewer line where there is some significant settling and periodic blockage.
I took 750 pounds of tree limbs to the dump and exchanged them for composted mulch, pound for pound. It's unloaded in the alley and waiting for spreading on the lawn after I find out what grass seed is best for this climate.
Getting a simple haircut has become a grudging chore for me. The good beauticians seem to run out of town, with or away from boyfriends. This time I got a haircut from one who was getting her own hair dyed at the same time. I cringed in the chair as goop was running down her face. She loped off one of my sideburns. I had to lop off the other one at home to balance it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment