Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

We had a glass of Freixenet Cordon Negro Extra Dry cava last night and turned in early. It's a Spanish competitor to champagne and a deal at $14 a bottle. Today Nancy told us of some big commotion and loud shouting at 12:01 next door but we totally missed it.

The snow is melting off the roof and refreezing on the walkway. It's slick as heck and just about impossible to stop. I did find a well designed windshield cover for the Mountaineer since it has lost its parking space in the garage. It has elastic straps that loop over the mirrors and it stayed snugly in place in the wind storm that hit the very first night.

Spook has had no appetite and he has been losing weight. Dix said to check his mouth and I found that he is nearly toothless The three or four teeth he has left don't seem to be in useful positions. So now we are mixing water in with his dry food to soften it and he devours it. He seems to have bought another life.

The Moto cellphone I inherited from Gus has confirmed the bad ratings I have since read on forums - low battery life, no PC charging drivers, so-so sound quality. It'll do until I earn a free upgrade.

More Freixenet tonight along with a rum and coke to get 2010 moving. Rush is out of the hospital - yeah!

No comments: