A pretty banjo song has inspired me to get out my old banjo. Seems like that happens every ten years or so (four times for perspective). I don't know how to play it yet. This time I might with the help of You Tube. At least I have learned how to string it this time. I see the bridge has never been placed quite right - it was about a quarter inch too far away from the neck so the harmonics were never quite right. I broke the heaviest string by accidentally trying to tune it an octave too high - almost got there! I'll buy another set today and at least I'll have spares for the lightest strings which are the ones that usually break.

We learned our lesson last week at Perkins that there's no place like Dix's kitchen. This morning I was treated to Italian French Toast, with orange rind and strawberries.
Spook has gotten his wet food treat (with Methyl B) and is back to sleep. He's been drinking 25+ ounces of water a day so we've upped the insulin a unit. Seems to be comfortable in his old age. He can still put a mean scratch on his sleeping box.
No comments:
Post a Comment