Monday, January 11, 2010

Project Trouble

I could not leave well enough alone. While putting on the license plate on the Beemer I was not happy with the frame partially covering "WYOMING" on the bottom edge. That especially since the blocking part advertised "COSBMW.COM". I don't think I need to pay out the nose to be a traveling billboard. With apparently to much time on my hands I decided I would hack-saw the COSBMW.COM out. I had the foresight to ask Dix if she thought it would be ok. She said ok, but two cuts into the project she looked over my shoulder and said "I don't like it." I said "JEESE, I've just started, blah, blah, blah" and I might have been a little loud since I had my headphones on listening to bluegrass. So away she pouts and when I try to make up she's clammed up ignoring me. I put the finished product on the car, it looks perfect, and I sulk off to take a walk. The whole day is ruined. Next morning I ask if she saw the licence plate. "Yes." Asked what did she think. "It's alright." Jeeze, here we go again. I decide to put the Beemer license holder on my pickup. It's all so ridiculous.

What may have really been bothering me was my inability to stop the leak after changing out the ice-maker water filter. I probably spent three hours changing fittings and now the buggered copper tubing is too short. Dix suggested maybe we should call Johnny to do it. "JEEZE, call a plumber to do a simple filter change (that's taken two days so far)?". What an insult. I gooshed some silicone sealer into the copper fitting and after waiting 24 hours for it to cure, I connected it up and SUCCESS! No drip. I won't have to mess with this for another year and maybe we'll sell the house by then.

No comments: