Dix's Hummer, her pet name for her fancy digital gas stove, locked up. "Error No. 11" kept flashing and the irritating beeper would not stop. I threw the breaker and she scheduled a visit from the appliance repairman. Tonight I have tried several reboots and whatever was constipating the electronic control module seems to be working itself out. Dix was musing what might have caused the problem. Perhaps pushing every button on the control panel, at random, multiple times, did not help.
Fred called tonight from Oregon to inquire if he may have erred by unplugging my camper that has been sitting up in Atlantic City. I had asked him to disconnect the batteries while he was hunting antelope up there to prevent them from being overcharged by the camper's electric system. He took it another step by unplugging the power to the camper too. That shut down the furnace. Dix said I really kept my cool over the phone. What could I do? If the pipes have frozen, the pipes have frozen. I checked the weather report for near-by South Pass City and there have only been a couple nights that have dipped below freezing.
There was some comic relief upon hearing an advertisement on TV for Carbonite. "Carbonite ... because your wife is on the computer."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment