Saturday, September 19, 2009

Camp Preps

Hunting camp is fast approaching. We have decided to set up camp a week from Sunday. True, that is four days before opening day, leaving only two for actual hunting. We don't like to be pressured at camp. But at home the surge to get ready is on. I have circulated the camp menu by email. I ordered an 80-watt solar panel. http://www.ecodirect.com/ I'm banking this should extend the battery charge through the week. I still have a back up generator but if the solar panel works I can leave it home and lighten the net load by 50 pounds. There will be energy debates, of course. I have procrastinated sighting the gun until now when the rifle range will be packed. I shall put it off a little more until a weekday.

I took a half day off on Friday to play golf with a visiting geologist having accomplished our work the day before. We played the city course and got behind a foursome of ladies. It was a little slow and 18 holes is a little more than I need at a time. The Pronghorn were entertaining. Two little ones were so tame they did not even bother to get up from a tee box until their mother came by. A buck was digging in a sand bunker and would occasionally jump when a ground hornets would penetrate his fur but he kept on digging. We avoided that trap. Afterwards I had a message on my cellphone that the staff was eating lunch at the Thai place. I hurried over there in time to have a Kiran with them as they were finishing eating. I enjoyed that even more than the golf. Bernard asked if any of us ever had been interrupted by our kids during sex with our spouse. Someone said yes but they didn't know what was going on. Tom said today they would say "Dad... I've got some pointers for you."

No comments: