Today started out real good with an email from my solar panel provider refunding my $23 shipping cost for referring to their website in my blog. I'm already a satisfied buyer even though they have not shipped the merchandise yet. In fact, I'll probably not get it until after I get back from hunting. How strange for the act of shopping to be more gratifying than the acquisition.
Dix made a short call to the grandson before school. He was not real bullish on school. He said "I love you, Nanna" without being prompted first. Made Nanna's day, and mine.
After lunch I took the tree confetti from the hail storm to the dump. Drove right up to the Dump-Nazi weigh booth without having to wait behind a single vehicle. I was driving the beat up company sedan with the four bags of yard waste in the trunk. Must have looked weird - she waived me right on through. I would have just tossed the bags in the alley dumpster but the gun club is right next to the dump. Sighted ol' Betsy in - first three rounds were a tight pattern four inches high. Four clicks down and I had a tight pattern of two an inch below the bull's eye, plus a couple stray shots from the shooter next to me. One click back up and I figured it was good to go without wasting further ammo, mine or my neighbor's.
Tonight we have one buck bedded down in the back yard, not at all concerned about my marksmanship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment