Friday, May 2, 2008

Losing It

Oftentimes I purchase an office supply item or buy lunch for business on my personal credit card and get reimbursed by way of a company check. I usually wait until it accumulates to a few hundred dollars or when the credit card bill comes due and Dix asks what are all these expenses for. I recently gave her one for $600+ to deposit and a couple days later she asked whether or not I gave her the check because she could not find it. She had looked everywhere and thought she had lost it or mistakenly threw it away. Now we figured out the mystery but it is embarrassing how long it took us to put two and two together. In rummaging through her purse she had found my fishing license and returned it to me. Of course we thought that was odd but the obvious did not occur to us until hours later. I fold stuff to fit in my wallet and a check and a fishing license look about the same folded in three. At least she had not tried to deposit the license. That would have been funny. ..."Would you like to deposit the limit, maam?"

No comments: