Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Busted
Spook's insulin had just about run out and a new bottle costs $38. Not too bad for a three month supply but I worked a plan with Tom at the office to use the residual insulin from his wife's monthly refill. The last time we tried this the vet weaseled out in endorsing the use of human insulin (I could not get her to recommend a dosage) and Dix nixed the idea as did Tom's wife. So this time we didn't ask any questions. Tom slipped the old insulin bottle out of his house while his wife was shopping and for the last several days Spook has entered a new phase of experimental medicine. Today I was busted when Ida noticed the vial hidden behind the beer in the fridge. Since when do we clean out the beer fridge?! So now she wants to know what other secrets I have been "lying" about. Oh what a tangled web to have to unweave. If it weren't for the fact that Spook has been unusually spry in the last few days I think I would be in the doghouse. I'm now trying to protect Tom's complicity in this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment