Saturday, May 10, 2008

Electronics

Buying a camera is quite different this time. I found what seems to be a great camera for me - pocket sized yet great image quality - the Fuji F100FD. Only problem it was not yet available - it was touted at the big camera shows, but soon to be released. Now finally released, I've been waiting for an independent professional review. There have been reviews by buyers but these are not very objective except there seems to be a pink banding issue on the images. One reviewer, only one, said there has been a fix put out. It's interesting how the price has fluctuated on the one website that I buy electronics Buy.com (due to reward credits on my credit card). Over the last month it has gone from $376 to $476 back to $376 to down to $342 back to $376 back to $342, sometimes with, sometimes without free shipping. I had not realized pricing was so dynamic even within one website.

Our wireless router seems to have fizzled. It's really hard to say because it goes in and out and I'm never 100% sure whether the problem isn't something else. I went to Walmart to buy a replacement and noticed the identical item had a lifetime warranty. So rather than buying, I filed a claim with the manufacturer and was surprised how easy it was - no receipt required, date of purchase, etc. - Yeah for Belkin products!

Not much else going on these cold rainy days.

No comments: