Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello

I'm back to the blog but with not much to talk about. I cannot get Google Analytics to work - the reports say noone has ever read my blog. I know it's not true because even I read it occasionally but still it's a little nagging.

I finished reading Chief Joseph, The Flight of the Nez Perce. It was grueling to get through reading about all the hardship the tribe experienced at the hand of the U.S. military and government. I'm through with war stories and accounts of man's inhumanity to man.

I have determined my new Unitron hearing aids have an engineering defect. The anti-feedback squeal circuit produces a gargling sound on sustained notes or speech. I really don't need the aids turned on loud enough to create a squeal so I had the audiologist turn the anti-feedback circuit off. I got someone at technical service to admit the warbling is a design problem. It's Dilbert in real life - marketing outrunning engineering. I'm not sure whether to return them since they sound very good to me and the flaw has been circumvented, but still I hate to give them a lot of money for a defective product even if it does not manifest itself in my case.

I have to change the oil in my four-wheeler. The manuel says I need to have the oil screen cleaned by the dealer. We don't have a Bombardier dealer in town anymore and I don't have much faith in the teenagers the other dealerships use for servicing. Looks like I'll be researching the internet how to clean the oil screen whatever that is.

I patched a little section of the driveway that had concrete breaking off. I put a board over it so the neighbor woman and her daughters would not break the fresh cement. So the teenager drove around the board onto the lawn. Great, now to check for busted sprinkler heads. Do kids have any common sense these days? See why I haven't been writing?

No comments: