Monday, November 15, 2010

TGIM

Walked Buddy at Morad dog park. Pretty much had the place to ourselves. We have not missed a dog-walk in two weeks. Buddy is building up the leg muscles that are needed to be strong for next month's hip dysplasia surgery on his left leg. The procedure entails cutting off the top of the femur and allowing the body to form a pseudo ball and socket with scar tissue as I understand it. It worked fabulously in the past for his right leg. Milo the cat is still learning to stay off the dining table. We are learning to not leave dangling purse straps or ear phone wires anywhere, and to check to make sure no one is sleeping in the dishwasher.

We got our new prescription cards for retirees. We will lose our dental insurance when I turn 65 next March so there will be some chair time in next few months rehabbing any fillings that are shaky. Additionally Dix will be dropped from all coverage when I turn 65 so we'll be picking up the tab for her premiums until she turns 65. That will be equivalent to buying a car.

Mark called from the office with a couple of land questions but I was taking a nap. That was the second time he had to wait for an answer because of my napping and he was envious. I didn't charge for the 10-minute consult but I guess that justifies using the company's cell phone for another month. We confirmed I would be available for two days work next Monday and Tuesday. That will be a nice diversion but it messes up any chance to join the distant relatives for Thanksgiving. I envy Tom who was already booked to fly out of town for Thanksgiving and therefore was not available for work. He says he doesn't regret missing the work opportunity.

No comments: