Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Electronic Mr. Peepers

Ooooh, yeah. I am the master. Ever since replacing my crashed hard drive a couple months ago, I have been hobbled with a sluggish touch pad - no scrolling and the cursor took three stokes to get across the screen. It was a simple fix today by downloading the driver (which had a different maker Alps instead of the original Synapsis) from the Dell website. Now manipulating photos is a breeze again.

And the electronic control on the oven was acting up again with a touchpad short error message. I peeled the face plate off the circuit board and cleaned the gunk off the button sensor with Goo Gone. The solvent might have done too good a job since it also seemed to dissolve what appears to have been some graphite circuit imprint. However, there is no more beep beep beeping and all the buttons seem to do what they are supposed to do.

My former company has denied my request to port over my company cellphone number to a private account - supposedly company policy established by Paris. Ok, lets see how long it takes for someone to cancel that line while I continue to use this cellphone. It's the number designated to call me for consulting work, if any. That reminds me, I need to apply for unemployment.

I have ordered at least four telephone solicitors to put us on the DO NOT CALL list. Big Daddy is not going to tolerate intrusions into his retirement nap time.

I'm getting this household under control!

No comments: