Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break Getaway

I started my scheduled vacation after work last night. This morning I go to the office for a conference call. That's ok. I'll just be a fly on the wall, listening, learning what the expectations are, and judging its effect on the slow wind-down towards retirement. Look's like there may extension of a few months into 2011.

Meanwhile I'm packing a light bag for a trip to Kansas City for Aunt Ann's 90th birthday celebration. I will stay with Uncle Al. I told him I might car pool in from the airport with one of the other arriving relatives. He just ignored the comment and said to call him to be picked up. The weather is predicted to be in the 70's. But then I'm flying to Reno for a few days where it's predicted to be in the 50's, no better than Casper. It'll still be nice to visit with old friends and former neighbors. Dix is staying put.

Pyrite gave me a petulant "ack, ack, ack, ack" this morning in response to my sneezing fit.

No comments: