Al picked me up at the airport. He is the last of my direct ancestors, I think at age 84. My cellphone was on the blink and Al has never had a cellphone so we were at the mercy of each other's reconnoitering skills. While 99% of other passengers were linking up with their cellphones, we casually strolled to the assumed meeting point with no electronic assistance. It was like going back in time.Aunt Ann looked great. Some were talking about getting her out of the Chicago area where she lives alone, and back to Kansas City where there is family to watch over her. She told me she was bored silly visiting at her daughter's house while they are at work.
She was anxious to get back home and get back to work at the Catholic school where she has served as secretary for the last 50 years. Did I say she is 90? They can't fire her because of age discrimination but they don't pay her. She says that's ok because she gets back at them by cutting back on her church donations.I soon realized I was the oldest represented of my cousins. We took turns introducing ourselves to the gathered next generation, explaining our place in the family tree. I was one of the three children of Fran, who was the sister of Ann's husband. I really strained to get that out straight.

Uncle Leonard's boys Mike and Mark are pictured behind me. I popped in on Mark at his home unannounced earlier in the day. I was happy he recognized and enthusiastically received me. Later I remembered his dad similarly popped in on us one time when we lived in Riverton, Wyoming. Janice is in the middle. She drove Al and I since she does not drink. Al and I nevertheless felt her driving was a little ballistic from our relaxed perspective. Ann's four children, Kenny, Karen, Connie and Rita, the personality of each can be told by their footwear. Kenny was wearing boots.