Dan was feeling pretty good. He had a scan scheduled for the next day so we did not go four-wheeling since he was not supposed to exert himself. Instead we did some target practice with his semi-automatic rifle. I was amazed how accurate it was at long distance with its big scope. It's lighter and more manageable than my 30-06 hunting rifle and much more comfortable in the recoil. I can see how it would be a very legitimate hunting gun.
Eloisa got home after working all day on Saturday. Got to make hay while the sun shines, especially now that Dan is disabled. He barely has his back pain from spinal surgery managed with drugs.
But he did cook a beautiful rack of lamb dinner for us. Braised it in a pan and baked it in the oven with herbs. Eloisa baked bread.
We were hungry and initially ate without much talk until politics came up, and then we got animated preaching to the choir with our common viewpoints. It is particularly gratifying to hear Eloisa, now a U.S. citizen, lay it on Obama with her strong Spanish accent and work ethic.Had a delightful visit with Don and Jean.
Did a couple of dog walks and watched Australia starring Nicole Kidman. It was long and melodramatic but with beautiful scenery and cinematography. There was a strong theme of Moulin Rouge, but without the singing. Don, one of the last subscribers to hard copy New York Times, was spouting the usual liberal talking points, and his debate skills are very hard to counter. I think I was able to check him on some of his political hyperbole, and then we moved on to animal welfare where I lost the trapping debate.Back in Casper now I was saddened and angered upon hearing the results of the scan found another tumor on Dan's intestine that will have to be removed in a few weeks. Eloisa was devastated but still resolute.

No comments:
Post a Comment