Home Depot marked their Genie garage door opener down to $153 so, faithful to Sutherlands, I gave them a chance to match the price, and they did. So, I did not have to drive to the other side of town to save $7, which I would not have done anyway because I would not have bought the unit at all, so now my weekend is dedicated to installing it. It's not just putting it together but bracing the sagging ceiling of lath and plaster and figuring out why power is not live to the receptacles. Then there's the gabby neighbor who seems to want to start a life-long relationship while I'm a sitting duck with pieces strewn all over the garage floor and the wind whipping screws into the birdseed. I was happy to shut this project down for the day and take a two-hour nap in my new Lazy-Boy.
We met Linda and her nephew for dinner at Applebee's. Service was confounding - 20 minutes to order, 40 minutes for the meal, and then it came with two servers in addition to the waiter. We asked for the check since we were now running late for the symphony (Scott plays the trumpet) and we thought we could make up time while we were eating. The check came fast but running the credit card took another 15 minutes. I was generous with a 10% tip.
The symphony was the last one for this conductor - energetic and emotional. He played piano while also conducting. I couldn't help but imagine what Victor Borge could have done with this. We partook in the reception afterwards and ate cake - making up for the dessert we had to forgo earlier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment