Winter has not lost its grip. I bought a bottle of Chardonnay to have with the Friday night salmon. While waiting at the checkout, I saw a bottle of Disaranno Italian liquor on the shelf and it reminded me of when my dear departed brother Dave and I got blitzed once at a family reunion. It was called Amaretto back then. It's going down real good right now over rocks. I won't be getting behind the wheel like we did back then. Times have changed.
I've been doing some janitorial labor at the office, cleaning things up for a visit by a corporation big wig. I enjoy it - shampooing carpet, changing florescent tubes, replacing ceiling tile, gluing cracked furniture, four trips to the dump with old files and computers. Dix and I went into the office one night at 2 a.m. to work inconspicuously. Later we watched a scary movie where the janitor was a suspect. I identified with him and knew he wasn't the culprit.
The general manager is up tight in anticipation of the visit by the CEO. He wanted me to clean up the office executive vehicle and find out why the front end rattles. I took it in for an inspection and found the front shocks were not bolted at the wheel end. I took it to Midas to have them finish the job they started 23,000 miles ago! No apology and not even a hint of shame but at least they didn't try to charge us for installing two more bolts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment