I survived the fleet preparation for my colonoscopy, barely. I chugged the first dose at 6 p.m. and became nauseated but held it down. At 4 a.m. I diluted the second dose and took an hour to get it down. The old saliva started forming in my mouth and my stomach began retching. I went outside to get a deep breath of frigid air and it settled down again. The colo-endo procedures went easy - twilight anesthesia - and I don't even remember leaving the clinic. A few polyps at the south end and a little esophageal erosion. My next date with the fleet is now scheduled for three years, and not a gagging day sooner.
Spook was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, a fairly common complication of diabetes mellitus. He's losing nerve function in his hind legs which makes him tend to walk on his hocks rather than his feet. We found a recommended treatment on the Internet - Methyl B12. I started dosing him today. I also clipped some residual clumped potty litter from between his toes while Dix held him down. I think I can see him walking slightly firmer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment