Monday, April 18, 2011

Retirement Monday

I do love Mondays now, when all the employed are back at work. My docket it clear for the week - no consulting work, so far. Today is 3-for-1 day at Sutherlands so I will be buying $10 worth of merchandise and get $3 credit on my savings card. That includes four door hinges, some wing nuts and an angle strap to mount my solar panel to the roof of the camper. Those supplies are listed for $110 on a rip off RV website.

Also on my list is a drill bit to drill a hole in the sidewalk where I need to put a stake for Buddy's new fence. The fence materials were on sale at Menard's - $150 for 20 running feet. I almost returned it when I discovered a design flaw where the gate does not quite match up with the fence sections but it looks so good and does the job for so cheap I kept it. The materials are quite flimsy but being attached to a sturdy chain link fence helps. I hope the deer clear it.


Milo has begun supplementing his diet by chewing a hole in his cat food bag when his diet portions are not enough. So we have been keeping the pantry door closed. That lasted about two days since he has figured out how to open a bi-fold door. His diet along with door opening exercises has brought his weight down and he can leap up into bed without any problem now. That saves on bedspreads - no more ripping while trying to climb up the side.

No comments: