Our Buddy is doing fine, since his hip dysplasia surgery. He has covered three milestones of recovery so far - burping out waves of anesthesia, going up and down kitchen stairs, and finally going to his dishes to drink and eat. Although, he is not putting pressure on his foot as much as I would like, his recovery up to this point has shown progress. During the time we were carrying up and down the stairs I think he really liked that idea. The benefits were well worth the pain. Tried to get Mom to do it a little longer. Buddy is getting to the point that he can do these things for himself instead of walking in a daze all the time. Just want him to be a 100% now.

Milo has been a real gentlemen, once in a while getting the urge to play with him. Buddy does ignore him and is very patient with him. I thought maybe Buddy would scold him, but he is just too gentle of a dog. This recovery time has taken its toll on Milo. When Milo gets his Buddy back they can get back to the chasing game, and everything will be fine in Milo's world. This has really put a damper on his daily mischievous ways to get Buddy going.
Many nights that we took turns sleeping with Buddy during his recovery, made him feel better. On Denis' watch, he was on the sofa. I wanted to be right next to Buddy so I would sleep on the ottoman since I'm small enough to sleep comfortably on it. Buddy felt the love from Mom and Dad which has made his recovery time easy for him.
Buddy is mending everyday and we'll be able to start looking for a new place to live again. Buddy's looking forward to his rides again and not being restricted. 
No comments:
Post a Comment