Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dirty Money

I don't feel right about this. I got my first unemployment check - $860 for two weeks. All I had to do is make four applications for work. I sent them to people who I would basically replace if I were to get the job, so naturally I get handily rejected. I feel like I'm scamming the welfare system. As I recall my Dad was presented a similar circumstance of early retirement and if unemployment were available to him I think he likely refused it. I don't think my bro avails himself of it either. Old School. My cohorts say it is plain ignorant to not take advantage of unemployment since we have paid into the pool during our working lives. But I feel like I'm promoting the culture of welfare. At the same time, when the severance pay runs out, and the consulting business in this poor economy does not support the life style we are used to, and we have to dip into retirement savings, I could be a little less proud. In any event I need to find something more satisfying to dedicate my time and ability to.



Milo has his opinion too. He's not happy with me emailing out resumes. He says get your butt out there and build some Habitats for Humane Society.
















Grandson Benjamin made our day yesterday with a thank you card for his birthday present. He said he will bring the Rocks and Minerals Handbook with him next time he comes out to Wyoming.

No comments: