I filed another pay order for my unemployment. One week will be canceled because I did consulting a couple days. On the other hand it looks like my unemployment will be extended through the generosity of Congress. My unemployment mentor Tom said he is getting audited as a result of filing a pay order without looking for work. Says he was recuperating from surgery. We call him our Shop Steward, now testing the limits of the welfare system.
I got myself invited to Rotary luncheon yesterday as guest of our former business landlord. I like their causes - children and nature. Two students of the month were honored, and a lady gave a talk about her Medicare consulting business for seniors. That got my attention but as I am four months off from 65, I put it on the back burner. I took Buddy for a short walk at the river (where Rotary built the children's playground).
It was a short walk because it was getting close to my massage appointment. Kay does a deep massage - nearly to the point of me crying uncle. I drank four large glasses of water through the evening to rehydrate. Kay has had a rough year with falling off a ladder, being fired from her previous work place in favor an inexperienced young girl, her significant other passing away, and a false alarm with breast cancer while living without health insurance. Made me feel very fortunate over and above the physical therapy. Dix gets her turn today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment