Friday, December 10, 2010

Biographies

Writing my autobiography was not one of my retirement goals but applying to CASA was. I turned in my application (with a one-page autobiography) to be a Special Advocate and the assistant seemed pretty grateful. We'll see if I am street savvy enough for this.

I met up with Les and Tom for lunch at Old Chicago. The chef changed the broccoli-cheese soup recipe and I sent it back as inedible. There was a floating layer of cheese you could not break the stringy connection. Les said I did order broccoli CHEESE, didn't I. Tom's audit for unemployment resulted in the examiner being more interested in Tom's surgery procedure and whether it would work for his dad. It was just a random audit but his pay request was denied even though he said he couldn't go to job interviews dragging a catheter. The examiner said he still had to file the minimum two job applications per week.

After lunch I went to the dentist for my scheduled on-lay. After getting numbed up I remembered the prediction that was made at lunch that the Guinness I had would begin to play havoc with my bladder. I had an hour and a half to go and made use of the down time to visit the rest room.

Someone dug out a flowerpot while we were gone and spread it throughout the kitchen. The obvious suspect was Milo but Buddy had dirt on is nose. I think Milo framed Buddy because when they tussle, Milo paws at his face.

An acquaintance of ours passed away, someone who bought our home in Riverton. There was a kind article about him in that newspaper. Those who knew him could appreciate one of his (and their) significant achievements was overcoming his alcoholism.

No comments: