Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rebooting

We had a little computer setback with the failure of my hard drive. Fortunately Computer Professionals Inc. was able to copy the data to a new hard drive. However, reinstalling Windows was necessary and that required me to reinstall all my programs. Processing is faster now but I am still reestablishing new bookmarks, passwords, print drivers and whatever programs I previously had as the need to use them comes up. I sit complacently with my new hard drive, again putting off backing up the HD.

The new driveway looks too good. I miss the character in the old driveway, except it was falling apart. It's good to have vehicles parked on it again and the tire marks and crab-apples are working on getting the old character back. There are some drainage problem areas - most egregious is a slight pitch into the garage. He admits it was a mistake and assures us he will rip it out and re-pour that section in a few weeks. He suggested to add a piece that would connect the driveway to the back patio where previously we have used pavers - I think maybe as mitigation for the screw up. We really like that idea and now I'm finishing the underground conduit in advance of that permanent flat work.

The neighbors have been shooing the bachelor deer away from their gardens but they find refuge in Dix's sanctuary. They napped all afternoon in the back yard getting up occasionally to snack on apples and then plopping down again. The big one is a four-point and the smaller one is a five-point. We haven't named them yet.

No comments: