Friday, September 17, 2010

The Chum

Dix said that a quarter to eight, every morning, this kid races down the alley in his purple Jeep Cherokee raising a dust cloud. I waited around to see for myself and behold up the alley he came right on schedule, I estimated at 30 mph. I yelled at him and he sped off but not fast enough to prevent me from getting his license plate. I called the police department and Officer Angela followed up. She called me to say the kid was waiting for her in the principal's office. I told her I did my bad too when I was a young (lucky) driver and I wanted to help him live to another day. That was yesterday and today he did not come down the alley. He appears to be a good learner.

My old grade school chum called up tonight to talk old times. He was one that I raised hell with for which I now compensate by reporting young offenders to the police. We just put him on speaker phone and had a conversation while I wrote this entry and dried the dishes. My chum's code name was Hostileman. I checked out his picture on Face Book. He asked if he looked fat. Was ol' Abe honest?

No comments: