Monday, September 20, 2010

Good Game

We had the Hardgroves over for the Notre Dame - Michigan State game. Tom graduated from State one year earlier than I did from ND. We had kabobs from Grant Street Grocery and Tom brought ROJO and Chateau Michelle wines. Tom payed attention to Dix's french fries because he said his are always limp. I was paying attention to Bess' Ipod as I am debating whether to gear up technology in retirement. I was pretty proud of myself for finding our router password. The game was the typical rivalry, even-steven into overtime, when sneaky State faked a field goal and went in for a touchdown. The coach admitted in the interview that realizing they don't have much of a kicker they went for the fake. Bet that made the kicker famously happy. Made me even remember his name - Conroy. We discussed our mutual forced retirement and the company's proposal for consulting agreements. The wine was making us pretty sassy.

Sunday, after recovering from last night's wine, I got some hunting preparations done. I bought gun scope covers and new lead-free ammo. I had just about run out of my vintage cartridges - at least 20 years old. As Les asked, what's the logic of contaminating organic meat with lead? Started up the ATV. It's first start of the season is always slow but I did it without running down the battery.

No comments: