Labor day was tree pruning day. We have considerable fire blight in all three apple trees and there is no way to cure the infected branches - they must be removed. As much as it seemed we were butchering the trees, they did seem to look better in the end. In the Spring we will try to disinfect them with Spectracide, if we can find it. Chris said to remove grass from round the trunk and pile up some pine shavings. He did that with a sapling he has raised from seed and it doubled in growth this year. Something about fungus and symbiotic relationships.Benjamin starts fourth grade tomorrow. They removed him from tackle football and put him in the flag football program as a precaution against head injury. It's a big concern of late - even the pro's are becoming concerned with lawsuits now that constant head butting is so clearly linked to brain damage.
I have been craving Rocky Road ice cream and bought a quart at Albertson's. To my chagrin, the package was mislabeled and it was a double chocolate fudge or something. I was going to take it back but I ate so much of it looking for the marshmellow, I don't have the nerve to claim there was a problem.

No comments:
Post a Comment