Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reset

Everything has changed but nothing has changed. We skipped supper last night except for some cheese on crackers. I couldn't get interested in anything on TV but could not get away from it either.

I'll look back on my years with Pathfinder as a long and close relationship. The company was its people. The people made it a family, and when they left some of them have remained good but distant friends. Eventually we move on and the relationships are left to memory.

This morning started off with a good pot of coffee and Dix at my side. I dug a trench for the TV and phone cables and Dix went out and bought the conduit. She came back with the right stuff. Watching the Notre Dame game against Michigan was painful. After marching down field for a touchdown on the first series, our QB sat out the rest of the first half with an apparent vision problem. The rest of the game was like watching the aging Joe Montana commercial where with his joint medicine he over through his intended receiver by twenty yards.

No comments: