
We had Christmas Eve dinner with Loren and Dana and William. William was home from college in Boise. He and Ida got into a somewhat philosophical discussion on his artwork and writings and lost girlfriend. He spoke more than he had since he had gotten home according to Loren. Loren cooked a prime rib roast encased in kosher salt and horseradish and garlic cloves. I've got to try that - it was perfectly cooked and juicy. We provided wine and Dix's apple-honey challah (Jewish Sabbath bread). Dana made a cheesecake from scratch with a blueberry brandy topping - which was indeed over the top.
I'm sitting tight in the pretty snowstorm - about a foot so far. I'm not participating in the snow shoveling on account of my sore shoulder - an aggravated rotator cuff is the consensus of various friends. Ibuprofen and rest helps.

No comments:
Post a Comment