Monday, October 12, 2009

Winter Window Washing

While re-wiring an outlet I noticed a cold draft on my back. The guest room storm window was open. The inside window had been nailed shut by the former owner indicating the storm window has been open at least ten years. I pulled the nails and found the storm window was jambed from a forced entry. Again it was previous to our tenancy based on caulking. I removed the caulking, staightened the frame, washed and closed the window. We now have two clean windows in this house.

Had a nice call from the boy. Grandson had received the Student of the Month award. Grandma asked if he had pictures and indeed he had taken some with his recently purchased Samsung SL30. Amazing! That's the identical camera purchased by Dix recently on some impulse. Whatever marketing Samsung is using is sure effective on this family. [update: Dix said the motivating factor was price - $89.]

It took well into the second quarter for me to accept the Bronco yellow and brown uniforms. Nearly lost the steaks on the barbecue grill during overtime.

No comments: