I was seeing spots a couple days ago followed by a migraine headache. I keep notes to learn what might cause these episodes to occasionally happen. They occur two or three time a year but yesterday makes twice this week. Wednesday's headache was the morning after eating Long John Silver's greasy chicken planks. Last night was after a greasy grilled turkey sandwich at Poor Boys and Dix' french fries at supper. We eat very little fried food any more and I seem to have lost tolerance for it. I am happy to know there may be a simple way to avoid these episodes.
In my depressed mode I was still able to accomplish a key home repair - unsticking one of the china cabinet doors. Placing a wood screw to keep the latch from seating so deep and sanding the bottom of the frame made the door close like new. I also rehabed the antique knob from its rickety condition after being jerked by Dix for so long.
I was going to try to avoid watching the Notre Dame - Boston College game but I peeked in and ND was ahead by four points. I watched the lead change back and forth as calmly as I could. I called Dix in when we had the lead and the ball with four minutes to go and we promptly threw an interception. Dix had to go. As BC was threatening to score, they threw an interception and it was over. I love to watch them sing Notre Dame Our Mother after a game - gives me chills.
On to wine tasting benefit for cancer research at the Boys and Girls Club. They had better wines this year. We started off with Dom Perignon champagne. Socialized with Les and Debbie. Talked with the guy who maintains our office phone system. His date could barely stand on two feet - too much sipping. She needed his assist or a table to hold on to. Visited with Jack who we have not seen since his divorce from Gus' sister-in-law. He said his divorce settlement was favorable - he got the dog and the cat and the crock pot. Since then he said he has inherited a French vineyard. He does not plan to ever bottle the wine, too much of a hassle, just sell the grapes. He is happy with his employment at a veterinary clinic handling the borders. Some get to go home with him over the weekend. Talked with Wayne and Stacey. He said he contracted H1N1 but it only mildly affected him for a couple of days. He's probably about 45. If he actually had it, it's good to know people as young as 45 would appear to have some resistance to it. Don't know how his wife and kids avoided it though. Lot's of BS was flowing around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment