Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Second Mouse Gets the Cheese

I caught a mouse in the garage but the peanut butter had been consumed post mortem. So, I set the mouse trap again and the next morning the trap had not triggered but the bait was again taken. This is one careful mouse. Again the next day, same result. Have I caused the evolution of a strain of super-stealth mouse? This time I honed the trigger mechanism. Foiled again. New trap. Foiled again. Today a big, big gob of peanut butter to see if I could make him careless. Mystery solved! ... ants.

Pyrite's left iris continues to darken so we took her back to the vet for another look. This time she gave us an ointment to apply three times a day. After a week I now realize she is blind in that eye - she does not reach for stuff if I cover her good eye. Took her back to the vet and she dusted off her old glaucoma tester and found the eye was three times a normal pressure reading. She referred us to a opthamologist vet who is coming in two weeks but I'm concerned Pyrite may suffer more damage in the interim. I'm going to ask for provisional treatment, even if there are side effects.

No comments: