
The weather has been fascinating. Last storm there were air raid sirens and loud speakers for tornado watches and warning. Eire. A lightning bolt BANGED next door. No damage bit the mom said her kid's electronic toys turned on blinking and talking.
Tonight we thought we would give South of the Border Mexican restaurant another try after an off-meal a couple months ago. It was crowded for the rodeo and when we entered they were playing rap/hip music. We turned around and headed for our old favorite place, La Costa, where they at least have the sense to play Mexican music. On the way we saw a very developed but skinny funnel cloud coming down east of town. We detoured and watched it from a hilltop along with a couple dozen other vehicles. No camera. It dissipated before touching ground.
I advanced to junior electrician today by installing my first electrical metal conduit. I had
purchased a conduit bender but it came with sketchy instructions and the internet is not much help either - mostly teasers to buy their bad videos. So it was trial and error. The first bend was perfect - a 90-degree from the sub-panel seven inches to the ceiling. The next bend was another ninety but it went the wrong way when I turned it over. Break time. After lunch I tried to correct my mistake, but I didn't have the rebending technique. But already I think I could make a better conduit bending video than the You-Tube jokers.
purchased a conduit bender but it came with sketchy instructions and the internet is not much help either - mostly teasers to buy their bad videos. So it was trial and error. The first bend was perfect - a 90-degree from the sub-panel seven inches to the ceiling. The next bend was another ninety but it went the wrong way when I turned it over. Break time. After lunch I tried to correct my mistake, but I didn't have the rebending technique. But already I think I could make a better conduit bending video than the You-Tube jokers.
Candy stopped by for a visit on her way from Santa Fe to Montana to visit her mother. She treated us to pastries, blueberries, a pomegranate-blueberry juice, and a dark chocolate bar 65% cocoa from Spain. We are feeling so deprived here in Wyoming. She's getting into birding after having taken a trip to Mexico where they saw the reclusive Squirrel-Cuckoo bird that looks like a squirrel when it flies between branches.

No comments:
Post a Comment