Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pancakes?

I discussed my patio project with Loren. We have common bluegrass interests and he is a welder. He brought over a catalogue of cast iron scroll designs for the columns. It's the size of a telephone book and Dix has immersed herself in it. Before committing to anything Loren wanted to know how long we would be living here. He had put some heart into a job for a realtor friend of his only to learn they sold the house six months later. So he was gauging whether his effort would be dedicated as a creative job or or a work job. After thinking about it, I could only commit to one-year, not that we would be moving but we just don't plan any further than that. And come to think about it, I might not even have the patio built by then if it doesn't stop raining.

Last night we had leftovers and tonight Dix said we were having pancakes. I gave a slight sneer. I didn't realize she was making an understatement. She didn't say they were going to be Shiitake-Green Onion Pancakes with mushrooms and avocado slices!

No comments: