Sunday, March 1, 2009

Recharged Batteries

A nice-looking Spring day drew Dix outside to rake the lawn but it was too cold for me. She was so eager that she is sporting a blister on her hand and popping Ibuprofen today. I devoted time to the wiring project. I took the cover off the panel box to study the wiring. It appears it is grounded after all although I cannot figure where the ground wire goes into the ground. I suspect it is under the sidewalk. I put a trickle charge on the camper and ATV batteries.

I met up with the rancher I missed during the week since he was in town for the state wrestling tournament. He had neighbors in the game. The nearest one is probably 20 miles away, yet he was mixing with a group of about fifteen at the motel bar. We talked about the gold he has been buying. I told him he needs to start locking his door. Says he never has, never will.

We got an invitation to a wedding in St. George. It took Dix one second to say "book it".

We watched Bottle Shock, a true story how a Napa Valley vintner challenged France's dominance in in a blind tasting competition in 1976. We paused to pour a couple of glasses of Chianti Classico Riserva to have with our popcorn.

We ate dinner at On the Border. It is hit and miss and tonight it was a miss. Rice was dry. Sauces overwhelmed the enchiladas.

No comments: