Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"No" Mood

We are exercising our mind-change prerogative by cancelling our plans for St. George. Dix asked what time I wanted to leave on Friday, I said maybe not at all, and she agreed. Case closed. As spontaneously as the trip was planned, it was bagged. Good thing we had not committed.

I'm in a "no" mood. Told Dix she ought not feed the deer anymore. One of them was lame, no doubt from being hit by a vehicle. Last night two police officers watched them grazing at Dix's bird feeder station, which is supplemented with corn, apples and carrots. I predict we will be getting a visit from the Game and Fish today.

Dix asked if I wanted to go out for breakfast. No.

I had what I consider to be a threatening call from the BLM yesterday. The mining claims adjudicator told me I filed an improper application for mining fee waiver. She said they could send out a field inspector and if they found we are not reclaiming the land as I certified on my affidavit, I would be in trouble and liable for fees for previous years. She seemed emotionally invested in this situation. I told her to return my affidavit. I believe the affidavit is proper, albeit a little unconventional. She was so loaded for bear I thought I needed to diffuse the situation since I have other sensitive transactions pending. It's amazing how fast things are "changing" in our government.

No comments: