Thursday, February 26, 2009
Mud on my Shoes
I bought donuts and made the two-hour drive to the land owner's ranch only to find he was in town buying feed. Then I drove to the the other side of the property only to discover I had failed to put critical coordinates in my GPS. So I went to locations that I did have coordinates for and realized I left the location notices on my desk. I took a break at the mine office and read an article in AARP magazine about how to fight cancer by building your immune system - taking daily 30-minute walks and avoiding sugar (like the donuts I just ate). After having pretty much wasted the morning, I had better productivity in the afternoon. Since I was relocating claims, I just used the old notices, crossed out the old dates and wrote in the new. Saw a bald eagle and a golden; a nice deer herd and a huge antelope herd. Vocal geese flying overhead. I hiked through ravines, stepping on grassy clumps wherever I could to avoid accumulating mud balls on my tennies. I was working against some building storm clouds to find the last claim post. Door to door it was a twelve hour day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment