The three day President's Weekend has been nice for piddling around the house. I spent Sunday converting Dix's favorite Christmas songs from a cassette tape to MP3's and then to an audio CD. She asked why it was taking so long (compared to copying a CD to CD, I guess). I taught her how to do it but her butt got tired.
Today I inquired about a land manager position in Vancouver, British Colombia. I figure Pathfinder is only good for two years and the prognostications now are that folks are going to have to work into their 70's with the new economy. The wind chill today in Vancouver with it's high humidity is two degrees higher than Casper with it's incessant wind. I asked Dix if she thought she could cope with Canadian socialized medicine, and she asked how is that going to be different from U.S. socialized medicine.
Spook is having a good day - made a successful raid on Pyrite's wet cat food while we were distracted with the newspaper and audio conversions. He's now shifting is napping spots as the sun creeps along the floor.
Chris called from Chicago. He is fed up with the Burris debacle - Illinois voters continually had rejected him from office, all to be circumvented by pay for play that he inconveniently was distracted from admitting in testimony. Chris is even upset with Mayor Daley for selling the parking meters to private enterprise that has now doubled the parking rates. A stumble in the liberal lockstep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment