Sunday, November 16, 2008

Walking to Breakfast

With winter not far off, we have started walking again while the weather is still good. We have patronized four restaurants within walking distance from the house - the Cheese Barrel, Wonderbar, Village Inn and the Elks Lodge. The walk back home, uphill, is great for working off any excess. Then there's the well deserved nap.

Had a nice conversation with Brother Don. I emailed him a funny video I had received from my mentor blogger of a elderly lady figuring out analogue to digital TV conversion. It was endearingly reminiscent of our mothers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSS8E7bKXg I told Don I was up to ten sit ups, ten knee bends and ten toe touches. He challenged me about the toe-touches and I had to admit they were more like ankle touches.

We found a dead squirrel with its neck cut in the back yard a couple weeks ago. The mystery was solved yesterday when I saw Sammy, a pretty black and white neighbor cat, chewing on another squirrel on the same spot. I chased Sammy off and he seems to know he is no longer welcome around here.

No comments: