Stress abounds at the office today as three of our staff were away on vacation leaving three of us to cope with the demands of auditors, bank leaches, scrambled attorneys and the cockpit (French management). I am giving thanks for 4 p.m. in our time zone when the east coast is at cocktail hour and the French are in bed. On the way home I listened to Mark Levin wildly ranting about Barney Frank and I imagined myself speaking out in the same fashion to our management. But no, I'm the mild mannered diplomat on the outside.
I went with Dix to look at a Christmas tree she had put aside on hold at the Safeway lot. It came close to meeting Pyrite' the cat's stardards but was too sparse at the top. And we think it would be nice to focus on Thanksgiving first.

On the
way back we checked out the Christmas lights in one of the poorer but big-on-the-season neighborhoods. Last year I gave this lady $10 to help out with the light bill. I forgot my wallet tonight but Santa will stop by another evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment